The chainsaw chain length calculator offers to calculate the length of your tool in the easiest way possible. What homeowners have to do is to simply put the chain pitch values, drive link number, and bar length into the calculator and click on the Calculate button. The calculator will yield results showing the exact length of the chain. You can, therefore, adjust the length of the chain as per your needs and requirements.
How to Use Chainsaw Chain Length Calculator?
Step 1: Understand the Purpose
A chainsaw chain length calculator helps determine the appropriate chain length for your chainsaw based on the chain pitch, drive link number, and bar length. This information is crucial for ensuring the chain fits your tool properly and operates safely.
Step 2: Access the Chain Length Calculator
Ensure that you have a stable internet connection or the necessary app installed on your device before you access the calculator on Chainsaw Guru.
Step 3: Input the Required Values
Enter the following values into the designated fields of the calculator:
- Chain Pitch: Input the chain pitch measurement in inches. The chain pitch is the distance between any three consecutive rivets on the chain divided by two. Common examples include 0.325″, 3/8″, or 0.404″.
- Drive Link Number: Enter the number of drive links on the chain. This information can typically be found on the chainsaw’s user manual or by counting the individual drive links on the existing chain. You can utilize a chainsaw drive link calculator for that purpose as well.
- Bar Length: Input the length of the chainsaw’s guide bar in inches. This measurement refers to the distance from the tip of the bar to the point where the chain exits the bar. Common bar lengths include 14”, 16″, 18”, 20″, or 24″.
Step 4: Calculate the Chain Length
After entering the required values, click the “Calculate” button available just below the required values option. The calculator will process the data and provide you with the exact chain length required for your chainsaw based on the given parameters.
Step 5: Review the Results
Once the calculation is complete, the calculator will display the precise chain length needed for your chainsaw. Take note of this value for reference.
Step 6: Verify Compatibility
Compare the calculated chain length with the chain length capacity specified in your chainsaw’s user manual or manufacturer’s recommendations. Ensure that the calculated length falls within the acceptable range to ensure proper functioning and safety.
Step 7: Obtain the Correct Chain Length
Using the calculated chain length, you can now purchase a replacement chain that matches the required specifications. When acquiring a new chain, double-check that the chain pitch, drive link number, and bar length match the calculated values.
By following these steps, homeowners can effectively use the chain length calculator to determine the exact chain length needed for their chainsaw based on the chain pitch, drive link number, and bar length.
- Stihl Mini Chainsaw Review for 2023 – GTA 26 Garden Pruner - September 16, 2023
- Stihl 260 vs 261: Which One to Choose in 2023? - August 16, 2023
- Husqvarna 120 Mark II vs Stihl MS 170 – Detailed Comparison - August 1, 2023